Sunday, January 23, 2011

King George VI meet Oscar

My favorite wedding gift so far might be our sandwich maker.  Now this is not your typical sandwich maker.  It makes a mean sandwich do not get me wrong, but it doubles as an omelet maker... I am not kidding you it makes omelets too.  My beautiful wife, Casey, used this feature this morning and my stomach was extremely grateful.

Gossip Girl fans put your hands up.  Yeah that's right Casey has got me hooked.  I know, I know turn in my man card.  Well guess what, I have not possessed said card since I started watching Gilmore Girls with my wonderful mother a few years back.  Shoot, any of you who know me well know my favorite show is Glee.  Anyway, back to my current guilty pleasure Blake Lively stirring up trouble in upper Manhattan.  It's great drama and a little humor all packed into a story about people with whom I can in no way relate.  Perfect right?

This weekend Casey and I were able to take one of my best friends, Cameron Tattersall, out to dinner and a movie for his birthday.  He blew out 25 candles on the 16th!! We had gotten married the day before so we were not able to do anything with him on that day.  Accompanying Cam was another childhood friend, Kellan Durrett, which was a great bonus.  We met up at Paradise Bakery and enjoyed a quick bite.  The King's Speech was Cameron's movie of choice.  Other than the occasional snore from Kellan, who lasted all of 20 minutes before counting sheep, I was riveted.  It was a GREAT movie that I would recommend to anyone who meets these qualifications:

a good nights rest at least two nights prior
a full stomach
at least a 32 oz. diet coke (caffeine included)
a midday nap prior to the viewing
insomnia

Okay so that might be a little dramatic but the movie moves very slowly.  I really did love the movie and I think that Colin Firth deserves the best actor Oscar for his performance as King George VI.  Geoffrey Rush deserves at least a nomination for best supporting actor, but I feel that Spidey (aka. Andrew Garfield) deserves to win that award for his performance in The Social Network.  Which is a must see for anyone who has ever heard of facebook.

JB



  

   

1 comment: