Saturday, January 29, 2011

She’s your life?!?

Well Casey and I received a calling today in our ward.  When we got married we both commented on how we really did not want to get called to be in Primary.  For those of you who are not Mormon, Primary is a Sunday School for children ages 3-11.  Each age as their own class.  Anyway, we were getting ready and I looked at my phone and realized I had a missed call and a voicemail.  I listened to the voicemail and it was from the first counselor in the bishopric asking if we could be at church 15 minutes early so he could meet wit us.  Yep, that’s right,  It was pretty much the death sentence.  We got to church and, sure enough, we are now teaching the CTR 5 primary class.

CTR 5 kids are five turning six sometime this year.  We have six kids in our class, and five of them where in attendance this Sunday.  They threw us into the fire too.  Normally, they call you and then you have a week or two before you start teaching.  Not us, we had to teach because the former teachers had already moved. So we took our little class to our classroom and asked them all their names and little get to know you questions.  After quickly memorizing their names we began to introduce ourselves.  I said, “My name is Brother Brough and this is my wife, Casey.”  One of the kids did not hear right and asked in a non-believing tone, “She’s your life?!?”  I turned to the little girl and said, “Yes, she is my wife, which does indeed make her my life.”  I gave her a big smile and she smiled back.  It was really cute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a clip of my little brother Caleb’s sweet touch pass in his basketball game this Friday.




2 comments:

  1. Cool video. Wish I could see the touch pass though! haha. Write more, I like blogstalking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to make the best of a situation brough!

    ReplyDelete