Sunday, February 13, 2011

Flannel and fun.

While I was sitting in class one day (actually it was the day I wrote 99 out of 10) Cameron sent me a message through facebook chat.  He asked me if I had heard of Devilpalooza.  I informed him that I had not.  He explained that it was an event put on by the school that included a free concert.  Casey and I thought that a concert sounded like a cool idea and we agreed to accompany Cameron to the event.

Upon arrival at the field where the concert was being held I was surprised that along with a free concert, I would also receive a pat down.  It was not a TSA grade pat down, but I had a man’s hand on my butt nonetheless.  I felt for the guy doing the frisking, he was less excited about it than the friskees.

After that wonderful experience we headed in towards the crowd who was listening to The Maine.  I thought I was entering an Al Borland tribute concert.

Al Borland from Home Improvement

I am dead serious.  There was more flannel there than in Paul Bunyan’s closet.  I could not help but take some pictures.  Here are a few of them:








It was incredible.  Most of these are from the back cause I did not want people to think I was creeping on them.

After I got a hold of myself I remembered that it was a concert and I settled back and enjoyed the fun.  The fun is, of course referring to the band fun.  The former lead singer of The Format heads this awesome band.  They sound great live too.  Here, have a look and listen:


Here is the only semi-decent picture I got from my camera:


Speaking of Als does not the drummer look a little like Weird Al Yankovic from a distance?


Well this was my first attempt at blogging with pictures and video.  I hope you all enjoyed seeing the concert through my eyes.

JB





3 comments:

  1. I think it is odd you took pictures of random people. I enjoy fun. though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said it wasn’t odd. lol. It just helped me prove my point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dig it! I'll for sure spread the word... is this for a class? or just for fun?

    ReplyDelete