Friday, February 4, 2011

Freak Out!!!

In case you have not been on Facebook lately, or have no Facebook friends who live here in Arizona, you might not know it is cold.  I admit it is cold, but it absolutely cracks me up how people react to weather changes in Arizona.  If it drops below 50 degrees Fahrenheit another Ice Age is on the way.  On the other hand if it rains for more than a couple hours you would think all Arizonians were regretting their decision not to get on the arc that Noah built.  Just to put this recent cold streak in perspective (and by the way, this cold front is the result of a massive storm that is affecting most of the country) I have done some research on the temperatures in other cities across our great country.  

First off here is the High Temp. and Low Temp. from Phoenix Wednesday:

High: 43°
Low: 33°

Now here are three cities around the country and the Highs and Lows in each of them, along with the reason I picked them to use in my blog.

  • Dallas: High: 21°,  Low: 14°, Super Bowl weekend is upon us, and the Super Bowl itself will be held in this Texas City.
  • Billings: High: 15°, Low: -5°, A truly cold city.
  • Salt Lake City: High: 21°, Low: 6°, I have a lot of friends in Utah and a lot of them are also Facebook friends of mine and I don’t recall a post about the weather Wednesday from any of them.

Alright now that we have established that it was a pretty warm day here in Phoenix if you compare it to these other cities, here are a few of my Facebook friends posts from Wednesday:

  • "freezing my bollocks off.”
  • "it is thirty something degrees outside....good thing my apartment is 90 degrees!! :-D"
  • "Why is it so cold?!”
  • "Dear Arizona, WHY ARE YOU SO COLD?? I do not have a thick enough jacket to protect me from cold piercing wind. Please stop. That is all. Love, Me”
  • "its cold and i am not a fan..."
  • "Walking to campus in that windchill was the most painful thing I have ever done"
  • "At TPC Scottsdale freezing my tootsie off!!"
  • "First taste of actual COLD in a long time, people in cold climates you are brave souls!"
  • "don't worry everybody... its only 33 freakin degrees outside"
  • "I want my 70 degree winter back.”

Alright, I am not saying that is is not cold, it is well below average.  I just find it funny how people react to the weather, and thought you might too.

JB


4 comments:

  1. Bollocks is a bad word in England. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Arizonians are used to 120 degree weather.. so yeah, 33 is pretty freakin' cold. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahah!!! Look up what happened to NM on Wednesday!!! Bad stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is you are comparing apples to oranges. We live in Arizona because of the warm climate. I have facebook friends in the midwest complaining about the snow, so lets compare them with people that live in Alaska. The people in Alaska don't complain about how much snow they get. But the midwesterners are complaining, so does that make them wimps? The first day it gets to be 32 degrees in the cold states those people do not go out in their shorts saying "what a great day it is!", you know they say to each other, "dang its cold."

    ReplyDelete